wpa_supplicant taking 30 seconds to a minute to stabilize

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Feb 24 11:10:38 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:50:47AM -0800, Derek Chan wrote:

> I never noticed any irregularity there, but I noticed in lenny that the
> connection seemed to take a long time to take a long time to come up (things
> that used network at boot often failed).

> So far, I have been unable to track this down to a particular piece of
> software, as I've downgraded wpasupplicant and ndiswrapper in turn to the
> etch versions (same binary pkg for wpasupplicant, added in compatibility
> #defines to get 1.28 to build on 2.6.26) and I am still seeing these delays.
> I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.  I've attached the log (-ddt)
> here.

This sounds like a possible race condition in the key configuration.
Could you please check
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2008-March/017542.html for more
details and please try the proposed os_sleep workaround to confirm that
the known race condition is indeed causing this.