problem with iPhone and Samsung mobiles

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Feb 18 07:51:01 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:41:14PM +0100, Tamas Selmeci wrote:

> But there are problems: two mobile phones fail to surf the net. These
> phones are Samsung i780 and Apple iPhone.

iPod touch worked fine in my tests and so did Nokia N95, both of which
are using power save mode.

> All the hostapd logging facilities are on (I'm watching the syslog).
> Have been tried with compat-ath9k-20090125 and compat-ath9k-20090211,
> nothing changed. Similarly, Atheros 5416 and 9160 behaved the same.

Would you be able to test wireless-testing Git tree instead of
compat-wireless? compat-wireless is known (well, by some, I did not
remember this limitation until pointed out again) to not support power
save buffering properly with kernels older than 2.6.29 (and yes, I know
it has not been released yet). So your best bets might be to either take
the latest 2.6.29-rc5 version of the Linux tree or test with
wireless-testing.git as far as anything requiring power save buffering
is concerned. The limitation in compat-wireless is not specific to
ath9k; it applies to any driver using mac80211.