FW: Does hostapd support remote logging of Open and WEP wireless events?

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Feb 2 22:13:37 PST 2009

Quoting Tekale Sharad-FHJN78 <FHJN78 at motorola.com>:

> I'm in very much need of it?
>
> doesn't any one have any idea of same.

Sorry, but such use of punctuation can actually discourage others from
replying.  I think you could get a better reply if you provided extra
information, such as the version of hostapd, the driver you are using,
what kind of logging you are using with WPA, what you are getting
without WPA and where you looked for a solution.

> Using hostapd I'm able to receive wireless events for WPA in syslog
> server, but not able to receive wireless events for OPEN and WEP.

I guess you are using logger_syslog in hostap.conf?  What is the value
of logger_syslog?  What is the value of logger_syslog_level?  Have you
tried increasing it?

Have you tried running the "iwevent" command?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin