wpa_supplicant-0.6.5 (Wired 802.1x authentication)

Renu Saxena renu_icfai.1986
Thu Nov 13 23:12:31 PST 2008

Hi,
Sorry for my question, i am new to this list and new to 802.1x technology.
Could any one let me know Can I use use wpa_supplicant-0.6.5 supplicant for 802.1x wired authentication on Linux.
  I will appriciate if some one can point me a simple tutorial and study material on build process of "wpa_supplicant-0.6.5" on Linux.
   Do i need to install any other network driver for this supplicant or it will work on any existing network driver on Linux.

Thanks in advance.

with regards
Renu