Client-Client communication not possible before "wpa_group_rekey"

Dennis Borgmann dennis.borgmann
Fri May 9 05:13:03 PDT 2008

Hello Jouni,

I solved the problem. The solution was, that the version of hostapd must
not be newer than the supplicant version of any client. So far I only
tested this with wpa_supplicant on Linux.

wpa_supplicant client1 0.5.10
wpa_supplicant client2 0.5.5
hostapd 0.5.7
NO function according to my described problem

wpa_supplicant client1 0.5.10
wpa_supplicant client2 0.5.8
hostapd 0.5.10
NO function according to my described problem

wpa_supplicant client1 0.5.10
wpa_supplicant client2 0.5.5
hostapd 0.5.5
WORKS