Different root CA for wpa_supplicant and freeradius

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Jan 29 17:56:12 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 01:02:27PM +0100, Carolin Latze wrote:

> certificate itself. When I used wpa_supplicant to authenticate with
> freeradius I was able to get "EAP state = SUCCESS". So I thought, the
> certificates were ok. I was never able to finish the connection setup,
> since I always got "WPA: Failed to set PTK to the driver." after EAP
> SUCCESS, but asking google I read that this is problem with my wlan
> card..

Have you verified that the client setup works with WPA before doing this
test? Which driver are you using? If this continues to be an issue,
please send full debug log that shows at least the end of the EAP
handshake and the WPA 4-way handshake.