hostapd Proxy-State AVP

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Jan 23 20:36:05 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 01:46:04AM +0900, Saber Zrelli wrote:

> I have noticed that hostapd does not copy Proxy-State attribute back.
> RFC2865 section 2 says : "If any Proxy-State attributes were present
> in the Access-Request,
> they MUST be copied unmodified and in order into the response packet."
>
> Do you confirm this ?
> If yes, are you planning to add this in future releases ?

Thanks for reporting this. I can indeed confirm that these optional
RADIUS attributes were not handled properly in the RADIUS server. I've
never tested hostapd RADIUS server with RADIUS proxies and somehow
missed this part of the RFC when implementing the server functionality.
NAS implementation in hostapd already has similar code for copying the
State attribute.

I fixed this in the Git repository and the fix will be included in the
future releases.