beacon code

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jan 18 20:05:57 PST 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 04:04:31PM -0500, Timur Alperovich wrote:
> Where is the head and tail set? I found references to the local_info struct,
> which contains all the information that is stuffed in there, but couldn't
> find where it's used for beacon header/tail.

Which driver are you using? If Host AP, most of the information in this
thread has nothing to do with it.. Since local_info structure is not
used in net/mac80211 or madwifi, I would assume this is indeed for Host
AP driver. In that case, the answer is that there is no header/tail
configuration for beacon (hostapd/beacon.c is not used at all with Host
AP driver), but set_generic_elem() handler is used to add a group of IEs
to Beacon and Probe Response frames. The current Git version shows how
to add more IEs into this set (it combines WPA/RSN IE and WPS IE into
the single buffer that is then configured to the driver).