If my configuration correctly correspond to the Windows GUI configuration?

Forrest Sheng Bao forrest.bao
Thu Jan 17 17:07:47 PST 2008

Hi guys,

I am a Linux user, quite new to WPA Supplicant. I am now trying to write my
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file from instructions for Windows of my
university. I am not quite sure about network terms. So, I don't know
whether I did it correctly. Can any one tell me whether I write the correct
configuration?

It is an IEEE 802.1X Wi-Fi with dynamic WEP keys using EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

This is the instruction for Windows:
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/helpcentral/general/wireless/wirelessXP_SP2.php

This is my configuration:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=forrest

network={
        ssid="TTUnet"
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=PEAP
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        identity="TTU\sbao"
        password="I can't let you know this, hahah."
}

Thanks,
Forrest

--
Forrest Sheng Bao
Ph.D. student, Dept. of Computer Science

You are encouraged to use the language you prefer. I can understand Mandarin
and English. I can read both traditional and simplified Chinese, as well as
English.