Configuration information in hostapd-0.6.2 / wpa_supplicant-0.6.2

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Feb 5 18:26:22 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:00:53PM +0100, Christian Fackroth wrote:

> This is a simple question but I couldn't find it in the structures.
> Is it possible to get the information if the software is configured
> in IBSS or INFRA mode from the main structures?

What exactly do you mean with software being configured to either of
these modes? Each network configuration block can be separately set to
use either mode..

> I need this information on several locations in the code for example
> in the function wpa_driver_wext_init(void *ctx, const char *ifname)
> of wpa_supplicant.

There is no global IBSS/INFRA flag and as such, this information is not
available at the time the init() handler for driver wrapper is called.
Driver wrapper will be notified of the selected mode in the associate()
call for each connection.