Unable to get hostap stable

Marcel van Heemst marcel.vanheemst
Wed Dec 3 12:03:04 PST 2008

@ll,

I already configured hostapd in several different way's, changed the
wireless adapter and so on.
This mailing list is my last hope to solve my problems.

I'm not able to configure hostapd into a stable situation (See debug.log).
After the connection is made, I will get a DHCP address on my Windows XP
host. After ~ 1 minute the connection will be dropped.
During this connection (between connection made and connection drop) I will
see a lot of handshake and pairwise messages. After the (4/4 pairwise)
message I expect a stable wireless connection, but in the debug.log file you
can see that this handshaking and pairing will start over again.
Also I have started a ping to the destination address to verify the
connection, but this will not always reply in time:

C:\>ping 10.77.77.1

Pinging 10.77.77.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 10.77.77.1: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.77.77.1:
bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64 Reply from 10.77.77.1: bytes=32 time=523ms TTL=64
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 10.77.77.1: bytes=32 time=448ms TTL=64 Request timed out.

Can somebody help me out of this problem? Somebody who can read the
debug.log and give me some hints in a human-readable way.

Thanks & Regards,

Marcel