Some progress with wpa_supplicant/madwifi

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Sep 25 20:10:29 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 07:28:44PM -0500, Igor Chudov wrote:
> Very strange. I started the new dev version of wpa_supplicant when I
> got home. It got to the stage of AUTHENTICATED, but I messed up
> (forgot to pull ethernet network cable), so I aborted that attempt.
>
> Then it did not work for several more tries,cycling between CONNECTING
> and DISCONNECTED etc. Reboot of a laptop did not help.

Could you please send me debug log from wpa_supplicant showing the
issue?

> So... While I am happy about this very moment... How come it was not
> connecting, but connected in 2 hours? How can I make it connect when I
> want? Maybe it is my AP that is configured for some timeouts?

Difficult to say based on just the information I've so far seen on this
particular issue. I've seen some issues with madwifi getting stuck into
a state where it fails to associate (does not even try) in a loop, but
it seems to always be enough to just re-start wpa_supplicant to recover
from this (the network interface is brought down at this point and
madwifi clears its state). Other than that, madwifi seems to be working
fine with wpa_supplicant and I'm using it as my main network connection
at home, so I'm testing this combination constantly ;-).