Hostapd gives error with Madwifi.conf file

maloomnahi at indiatimes.com maloomnahi
Fri Sep 7 00:10:21 PDT 2007

Dear All,

This email is with regards to a problem faced while running the hostapdv0.5.8 with madwifi CONFIG file. Its about hostapd -dd madwifi.conf giving "Line 14: invalid/unknown driver 'madwifi" error on the prompt.

I have read the conversation in the August 02 2006 thread on a similar topic [http://readlist.com/lists/shmoo.com/hostap/0/1028.html], but what is the ultimate solution to the problem. I have tried all the options mentioned in the thread and outputs are all correct.

hostapd -v
hostapd v0.5.8
User space daemon for IEEE 802.11 AP management,
IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP/RADIUS Authenticator
Copyright (c) 2002-2007, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> and contributors

It would be great if you could solve this problem for me. Please also tell me if running the above command would be enough to start the complete AP or hostapd as such or we need to give commands on the prompt for type of EAP, association etc?

Looking forward to your reply. For more Information on my setup please see below:

Hostapd - v0.5.8
Madwifi - v0.9.3.1
TPLINK AR5212 Chipset - Only one PCI card on Linux machine

Thanks
PPN