Problem when compiling latest hostapd against wireless-dev and latest libnl

Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW linolusu
Thu Sep 6 08:31:25 PDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 06:41:45 -0700
Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> The changes from yesterday added requirement for using the latest
> linux/nl80211.h from wireless-dev#everything (i.e., the default branch
> of wireless-dev is not enough; I don't actually know what is the exact
> source of this, but 'everything' branch does seem to include it).
> driver_devicescape.c will need to include that linux/nl80211.h one way
> or the other (e.g., you can just copy it into /usr/include/linux or do
> some other tricks to get it included).

ah great, this explains the strange error!
A simple

#include "/usr/src/wireless-dev/include/linux/nl80211.h"

at the beginning of the driver_devicescape.c file  did the trick and
now it compiles and runs perfectly.
thanks again for your time and your work.
bye

--
           Andrea Lusuardi  -  UoVoBW
          Registered Linux User #364578