[FYI] hostapd state with mac80211 on linux

Johannes Berg johannes
Mon Oct 29 09:09:32 PDT 2007

> I tried with a kernel downloaded from git (so with the netlink commit
> already merge into) without success.

I haven't tried really.

> Some code of the old interface has been removed so I had to apply some
> of your patches manually and tried to reinsert the removed code to be able
> to compile. I did this quickly so I suppose I forgot to re-add some
> code.

Which patches? They currently all apply against the version of linux-2.6
I'm running. Or are you talking about hostapd?

> So I think, you will have to do one more patch for the rc2, ...

Well, I'll obviously keep maintaining this series until it can be
merged...

> Tell me if I am wrong, but your patches "just" keep the old interface,
> master mode code and others previously removed. So, new code will have
> to be done to re-enable master mode and a driver_mac80211.c (rather than
> a driver_deviscape.c) will have to be done for hostapd ?

My series has both re-done and old code.

johannes