[FYI] hostapd state with mac80211 on linux

Johannes Berg johannes
Fri Oct 26 13:42:11 PDT 2007

> > hostapd works with
> >  - kernel 2.6.24-rc1
> >  - plus my patches from http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/kernel/all/
> >  - plus the commit 5c58298c2536252ab95aa2b1497ab47eb878ca5d from net-2.6
> >    ([NETLINK]: Fix ACK processing after netlink_dump_start)
>
> Great, thank you!  Can we have all the above in one place in a publicly
> available git repository, please?

No, frankly, I'm too lazy to rebase git all the time. There's a patch
tarball you can download, untar and use with quilt.

> >  - my hostapd patches from http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/hostap/all/
>
> And this too, if possible.  Maybe we could have this in hostap master
> branch?  All patches except 004 affect the devicescape driver only, and
> 004 looks benign to me.

Similarly, I don't see the point. I don't want these merged into hostapd
yet because the API I'm coming up with isn't finalised, I'm going to
rewrite the beaconing API for sure.

johannes