Fedora7, WPA_supplicant, madwifi not working

David Willmore davidwillmore
Sun Oct 7 10:51:59 PDT 2007

On 9/23/07, Stefan Bauer <info at edv-fix.de> wrote:
> Igor Chudov schrieb:
> > I am especially interested in finding ANYONE who managed to make WPA
> > work with Atheros based cards.
>
> Lots of people did :) madwifi is performing well with wpa_supplicant.
> you did not mentioned your wireless hardware in the laptop so i assume
> its a pcmcia card.
>
> Please provide further informations about your wireless-setup and
> wpa_supplicant runtime options.

If you qualify that with 'eventually' and 'after a bit of hacking',
then I'll agree.
I had to disable DHCP (maybe this is the fault of my AP as well) and twiddle
a few other settings--it was a few months back, so I don't remember all the
details.

I will say that going from WEP/Prism54 to WPA-PSK/Atheros was a painful
jump.  I'm still working on some stability issues with my Atheros hardware in
my new laptop.  It freezed every now and then.  But then again, maybe it's the
AP. :)

Cheers,
David