Problem with using an Apple Airport Express

Leslie Katz lesliek
Fri Nov 30 20:55:01 PST 2007

Thank you to both George and Dan for your replies.

@ George:

modinfo shows 5 parameters for ndiswrapper, including "if_name", as you
recalled.

The other 4 shown are: "proc_uid"; "proc_gid"; "debug"; and
"hangcheck_interval".

I don't know enough about these things to know whether using the last of
those and setting the thing for, say, 10 seconds might solve the problem
that Dan mentioned earlier thus: "Drivers need to buffer scan results
for some time after a request."

@Dan:

The chipset in the card is a Marvell one.

As to the driver, I'm not sure whether you mean the Windows driver or
ndiswrapper, so I'll recite what I can about both.

As to the Windows driver, I found on the cd that came with the wireless
card a directory called "Windows XP". It had in it 5 files: "TRANS.TBL";
"WG511v2.cat"; "WG511v2.INF"; "WG511v2.sys"; and "WG511v2XP.sys". I
copied ALL of those files across to the laptop. I don't really know
which of those files constitutes the Windows driver.

As to ndiswrapper, when I use "ndiswrapper -v", I get the output "utils
1.8".

As to the kernel version, it's 2.4.31.

Thank you again to both for your replies. If the above information
suggests a course of further action, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Leslie