Supplicant compilation error in FreeBSD

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Nov 26 20:08:55 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 05:53:50PM +0530, Sukku wrote:

> when I tyred to compile wpa-supplicant in Fedora, it got completed
> successfully and when I tyred with FreeBSD. It is giving fallowing error.
>
> driver_hostap.c: In function `hostapd_ioctl':

driver_*.c wrappers are very much OS specific and you cannot build a
Linux driver interface for FreeBSD. You will need to use
CONFIG_DRIVER_BSD=y in .config and remove all other drivers from FreeBSD
build. Please also keep in mind that wpa_supplicant is included in the
current FreeBSD versions and the version included there may have more
up-to-date version of the BSD driver wrapper.

> I am planning to study these wpa_supplicant code but I am not getting where
> to start. Can any one provide me the control flow diagram or any document
> which describe flow control of this source code.

It's not exactly a control flow diagram, but the developers'
documentation at http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/ has some description
of the source code that may help here.