Supplicant compilation error in FreeBSD

Sukku m.sukumar
Mon Nov 26 04:23:50 PST 2007

Hi All,

when I tyred to compile wpa-supplicant in Fedora, it got completed
successfully and when I tyred with FreeBSD. It is giving fallowing error.

driver_hostap.c: In function `hostapd_ioctl':
driver_hostap.c:44: error: structure has no member named `ifr_name'
driver_hostap.c:48: error: `SIOCDEVPRIVATE' undeclared (first use in this
function)
driver_hostap.c:48: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
driver_hostap.c:48: error: for each function it appears in.)
driver_hostap.c: In function `prism2param':
driver_hostap.c:90: error: structure has no member named `ifr_name'
driver_hostap.c: In function `wpa_driver_hostap_reset':
driver_hostap.c:254: error: structure has no member named `ifr_name'
gmake: *** [driver_hostap.o] Error 1

I am planning to study these wpa_supplicant code but I am not getting where
to start. Can any one provide me the control flow diagram or any document
which describe flow control of this source code.

Thanks and regards,
sukumar