wpa_supplicant invocation options in Fedora 8 ?

George N. White III gnwiii
Sat Nov 24 04:19:56 PST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Jerry LeVan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from Fedora 7 to Fedora 8. Regrettably there is
> a regression in the F8 Network Manager that forces DHCP with wireless.
>
> My needs require wireless and a fixed IP.
>
> I noticed that there is a wpa_supplicant start procedure in init.d
> It uses parameters (among others) "-u" and "-f".
>
> There is no -u and -f in the man pages...
>
> What do these options do?

Try "wpa_supplicant -h" (and file a bug with Red Hat on the man page)

   -f = Log output to /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log
   -u = enable DBus control interface

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>