wpa_supplicant invocation options in Fedora 8 ?

Kel Modderman kel
Thu Nov 15 22:36:14 PST 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 00:59:13 Jerry LeVan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from Fedora 7 to Fedora 8. Regrettably there is
> a regression in the F8 Network Manager that forces DHCP with wireless.
>
> My needs require wireless and a fixed IP.
>
> I noticed that there is a wpa_supplicant start procedure in init.d
> It uses parameters (among others) "-u" and "-f".

>From the wpa_supplicant(8) (version 0.6.0 on my system) manpage:

-u     Enabled DBus control interface.

Dunno about -f, I cannot see in main.c of wpa_supplicant source that getopt
knows about such an option.

> There is no -u and -f in the man pages...

-u is there. I guess there could be differences to what I am looking at and
what fedora core 8 actually ships with, I do not know that.

> What do these options do?
>

> Jerry

Thanks, Kel.