Timestamp format in wpa_supplicant

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn
Wed Nov 7 10:40:26 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 02:16:31AM +0000, Soh Kam Yung wrote:
>
> > An option to display the timestamp in 'human readable format' (for
> > example, YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) would be helpful.
>
> I would expect it to be trivial to just pipe the debug output through a
> simple perl (etc.) script and convert the UNIX timestamp to whatever
> format would be useful for the task at hand.

Yes.  But embedded systems don't usually run perl.  Anyway, I vote for a
command line option (--iso) that shows the time as:

  # date '+%F %T.%N'

does.  Relative time is also interesting sometimes/mostly?

Cheers,

--
Cristian