OpenSSL error

Jörg Sommer joerg
Mon Mar 12 11:18:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

can someone explain me what this OpenSSL error mean and if I should care
about it?

Trying to associate with 00:14:1b:60:6a:40 (SSID='802.1X' freq=2472 MHz)
Associated with 00:14:1b:60:6a:40
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP vendor 0 method 21 (TTLS) selected
SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:bad record mac
OpenSSL: tls_connection_handshake - SSL_connect error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed
WPA: Failed to get master session key from EAPOL state machines
WPA: Key handshake aborted
WPA: Could not verify EAPOL-Key MIC - dropping packet

I use wpa_supplicant 0.5.7.

BTW: Querying the version is not an error. wpa_supplicant should return 0.

% wpa_supplicant -v
wpa_supplicant v0.5.7
Copyright (c) 2003-2006, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> and contributors
% echo $?
255

Thank you, J?rg.
--
Wir leben zwar unter dem gleichen Himmel,
m?ssen aber nicht zwangsl?ufig den gleichen Horizont haben.