hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new stable release v0.5.8

Ed Howland ed.howland
Tue Jun 12 08:50:14 PDT 2007

On 6/11/07, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> > 2.6.22.) The device driver is devicescape (RALink's rt2x00/rt73usb).
> > The wireless device is a Belkin Wireless G USB.
>
> I've never tested Ralink driver in AP mode and don't even know whether
> it is supposed to work.. Have you heard of someone using this
> successfully? This would be more or a question to the driver maintainers
> at this point unless it is clear that the driver is expected to work as
> an AP.

Thanks, Jouni.
What device would you recommend? Anything the hostap driver works
with? Our only restriction is it has to be USB.

Ed

> --

Ed Howland
http://greenprogrammer.blogspot.com
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from all computers."