hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new stable release v0.5.8

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jun 11 16:33:10 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 06:17:49PM -0500, Ed Howland wrote:

> We are using the devicescape driver from wireless-dev git tree as
> well, Is there any special instructions on building hostapd-0.5.8 to
> use it? I have set the settings in the .config to use devicescape and
> to point to my kernel's sources and it compiles fine.

If you can build it and then use driver=devicescape in runtime
configuration, you should be good to go as far as hostapd is concerned.

> BTW, hostapd is running on Ubuntu 7.04 (using wireless-dev kernel
> 2.6.22.) The device driver is devicescape (RALink's rt2x00/rt73usb).
> The wireless device is a Belkin Wireless G USB.

I've never tested Ralink driver in AP mode and don't even know whether
it is supposed to work.. Have you heard of someone using this
successfully? This would be more or a question to the driver maintainers
at this point unless it is clear that the driver is expected to work as
an AP.