How hostapd get frames from Driver??

Nazeer Khan Nazeer.Khan
Sat Jan 13 17:45:07 PST 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to ask how hostapd get frames from the driver. I am
interested about wireless (madwifi). I am a bit confused. Is madwifi
stripping off the 802.11 header and giving the resultant to hostapd or
hostapd itself stips off the 802.11 header??

I am not sure but wat i understand by looking at the code in "l2_packet.h"
and "l2_packet_linux.c" is that hostapd deals with ethernet frames not
802.11 frames. Am i right??

I wanted to ask how hostapd is getting frames from the driver. (Whether
they are ethernet or wireless)

Thank You

Nazeer Khan

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.