WPS and hostapd/wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jan 3 19:06:41 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 02:05:39PM -0800, Ta-Chien Lin wrote:

> Is there any plan to introduce WPS functionality into
> hostapd/wpa_supplicant's source tree? Can you please share your thoughts?

I'm assuming you are talking about Wi-Fi Protected Setup here (there are
way too many different things called WPS)..

There hasn't been much interest in this so far, so I haven't had any
real urgency in providing support for it. Furthermore, I don't think the
WPS specification is even publicly available yet. I would assume that
support for WPS will be added at some point, but it is not very high on
my priority list at the moment.