if PA is hidden and client cannot see AP's ssid, what should put for wpa_passphrase?

hong zhang henryzhang
Wed Feb 28 21:49:22 PST 2007

Dan,

  I look at my AP beacon and find two ucastcipher. One is tkip and another one is ccmp. I can not make it as only one ucastcipher ---tkip. I do not want to have ccmp.

  Also, how to decide wpa_ie value?

  ---henry

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
  On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 12:42 -0800, hong zhang wrote:
> List,
>
> wpa_passphrase requires ssidname and passphrase as input. But if one
> client/station wants to associate an hidden AP. That means client
> could not see AP's ssid name (empty). How can we run
> wpa_passphrase without ssid input and wpa_passphrase would not work.

You just have to know the SSID, even if the AP is hidden. You cannot
connect to a hidden AP unless you know the SSID, so you'll have the SSID
for the passphrase anyway.

Dan