Tue Feb 27 20:11:42 PST 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 03:53:43AM -0500, Andrew Shaffer wrote:

>      I've been doing a little more poking around and from what I can
> tell, the problem that I mentioned in my previous message is actually
> ocurring around line 705 of hostap_cs.c (the big block comment
> starting "Allocate an interrupt line,") which calls
>
> CS_CHECK(RequestIRQ,
>                          pcmcia_request_irq(link, &link->irq));
>
> I've inserted the following code both before and after the enclosing
> if statement to see where exactly jiffies stops updating:

> same, so it's somewhere in there that jiffies stops updating.  I
> suppose what is happening is that somewhere in that block the timer
> interrupt that updates jiffies is getting disabled and not reenabled.

Yes, that looks more reasonable explanation for what you were reporting
in the previous message. I'm actually still using older kernel version
(2.6.17) and at least that seems to be working with DWL-650 RevP (with
the product id added to hostap_cs.c). Looks like I need to update my
kernel for the test system I use with Prism2/2.5/3 cards at some point..
I don't think that anything has really changed in the Host AP driver, so
this may involve changes isomewhere else if the initialization of this
card has indeed been broken completely between 2.6.17 and 2.6.19.