EAP-FAST Internal Crypto Libraries take a lot of time

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Feb 10 11:00:16 PST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 08:15:39PM +0530, ramprasad.rajendran at wipro.com wrote:

> The processor we are using is a 44MHz processor and it takes 6 mins to
> execute.
> I find that it is the operation a**b mod n. I tried using TomFastMath,
> but the size is too huge atleast 100kB extra
> Are there algorithms that are faster and smaller.

I would expect that not all of TFM would need to be added, i.e., what is
needed is just couple of more optimized algorithms for modular
multiplication. That should not increase size by 100 kB, but it may take
some effort to find the exact parts from LTM that would need to be
merged into libtommath.c. Based on my notes in libtommath.c, some set of
optimized algorithms increased the size by 15 kB.