Netgear MA311 firmware update, some strage "warnings"

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Dec 28 15:26:06 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 11:28:38PM +0100, Laurento Frittella wrote:

> I have found another website http://www.friedhoff.org/ma311.html here
> the author shows how he uses his MA311 with the latest firmware loaded
> in RAM. I'm interested in his use of the -s option:
>   -s   Skip PDA reading and use defaults from the firmware image
>
> Can this option helps me too?

Help with what? I did not see any problem being reported in either of
your messages to the mailing list.. Anyway, I would not recommend using
'-s' unless you have a specific reason to do that.

If you want to first test a newer firmware version without upgrading the
device flash, you may be able to run the RAM downloadable version ('-r'
on prism2_srec command line).