hostapd memory leak when connecting to Linux wpa_supplicant

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Dec 18 18:10:52 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 10:26:48AM -0800, Ken Roberts wrote:

> After the first halt, I did the following:
>
> root at host# while /bin/true; do grep ^Mem /proc/meminfo ; echo "Sleep 2
> seconds"; sleep 2; done
>
> and watched the Memfree entry drop like a stone

That doesn't sound like something that would indicate anything
particular about hostapd. Unless there is a clear sign that the hostapd
process is using more memory, I would take a look at the madwifi driver
that is taking care of associations.