wpa_supplicant fails to preauthenticate

Paresh Sawant paresh.sawant
Mon Dec 3 10:43:23 PST 2007

If we assume that pre-auth is not allowed if the bssid belongs to different
ssid than one it is already associated with, then would that be right idea
to make wpa_supplicant report an error instead of initiating the pre-auth by
sending out eapol start packet ?

Is it possible to have 2 different access points within same ESS having
separate security policies e.g. ap1 with WPA2-PSK and ap2 with WPA2-EAP ? I
don't see IEEE 802.11i enforcing such a rule. please correct me.

Cheers
- Paresh