[hostap driver] not authenticating when used w/ wpa-supplicant / network-manager

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen
Wed Aug 15 08:07:24 PDT 2007

On 8/15/07, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]  Do other cards work?

Yes, in fact one of the really odd bits is that I can reliably show
that one more recent card (BenQ AWL100) works perfectly while this
card (Proxim Harmony) doesn't work at all.

I've also just satisfied myself that it's a firmware-related issue.  I
downgraded the BenQ card to the same firmware (1.5.6) as the Proxim
card and it exhibits precisely the same behavior.

I do think that it's something that should work though.  It worked
fine in the original version of Dapper (tested with the live cd) so
something has changed in either the driver or wpa-supplicant since
then.

Another interesting note is that I've seen notes about other drivers
behaving very similarly to this when used with wpa-supplicant.  A
quick google search on "Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed
out." brings up examples of ipw2100, madwifi, bcm43xx, and rt2x00
having very similar problems.  Are those all devicescape-based
drivers?

Are there any hostap driver developers left on this list?

Oh, and I got completely the wrong bug in Launchpad.  Please look at
the various details in this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/57146