Problem with hostapd-0.3.11 " Invalid IEEE 802.1X configuration (no EAP authenticator configured)"

rajat.dudeja at tcs.com rajat.dudeja
Mon Sep 4 04:59:12 PDT 2006

Hello Folks,

I am using the hostapd-0.3.11 on one of a linux machine running kernel :
2.6.5-1.358.

when I run: hostapd -dd ./hostapd.conf,  I get these errors:

Configuration file: ./hostapd.conf
Invalid IEEE 802.1X configuration (no EAP authenticator configured).
1 errors found in configuration file './hostapd.conf'

My linux machine is not having any wireless Lan Card, I am trying to use
hostapd using the wired ethernet.

NB: I also have tried running the latest hostapd-0.4.9 and in that I am
getting the errors :

Configuration file: ./hostapd.conf
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: No such device
Could not enable hostapd mode for interface wlan0
hostap driver initialization failed.
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

I didnot find any solution to this problem. So, I thought of reveting to
the previous stable version hostapd-0.3.11.

Kindly suggest what needs to be corrected.
Please find hostapd.conf and .config files( for 0.3.11 version) attached
with this e-mail.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat
and any attachments. Thank you