WPA issues with 3COM card and Slax

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Nov 19 09:30:17 PST 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:38:42PM -0700, dyllan dominque wrote:
> I have a PCMCIA 3COM 3CRPAG175 which is listed as supported by madwifi.

Which version of the madwifi driver are you using?

> I am using wpa_supplicant 0.3.9 as the newer version (0.4.8) built for my
> distro (slax) does not have madwifi support.

If you can build a newer version of wpa_supplicant yourself, I would
recommend testing that.. There have been changes in both madwifi and
wpa_supplicant and testing with the latest release from development
branch (0.5.5) could be a good idea..

> Here's my wpa_supplicant.conf (I have also tried with ap_scan = 0 and 1, and
> without that option)

Can you please send debug log from ap_scan=1 case?

> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ap_scan=2
> network={
> ssid="JODI"
> proto=WPA
> key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> group=TKIP
> psk="pass*phrase~Here"
> }

This is invalid configuration. If ap_scan=2, proto, key_mgmt, group, and
pairwise options must be defined. This example does not set pairwise.

> proto: 0x1
> key_mgmt: 0x2
> pairwise: 0x8
> group: 0x8

This does not match with the example configuration above..