WCF12 on OpenZaurus, kernel 2.6.16

Sybren Stüvel sybren
Tue May 16 00:03:50 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 08:43:31PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > Sorry for the repost. Nobody ever replied to my first post, and I
> > thought it might have something to do with me using PGP to sign
> > it.  Retrying without PGP this time.
>
> I think few people here with enough time know anything about
> OpenZaurus, and you give very little HostAP related information.

My problem is that I don't have another Linux system with the same
kernel running on a device hardware-compatible with the Linksys WCF12,
hence I can't determine if the problem is OpenZaurus-related or
HostAP/Kernel related.

> > I'm having a problem with my Linksys WCF12 card on OpenZaurus
> > 3.5.4.1-rc2, running kernel 2.6.16. HostAP recognises the card, I
> > get the wlan0 and wifi0 devices, but 'iwlist wlan0 scan' results
> > in an empty scan result.
>
> I would check the interrupts.  See the kernel messages for possible
> warnings.

Will do.

> Can the card associate with an AP under HostAP?  Try just an open
> network, so that no encryption is involved.

Nope, it can't associate. I'm using an open network for testing.

Thanks for the reply,
--
Sybren St?vel

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."
-- Albert Einstein