Help needed

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers
Fri Mar 24 09:12:09 PST 2006

All,

I am trying for the first time to get a Linux client to associate with
an access point that is already successfully serving a number of Windows
clients.

Client: soekris net4801 running kernel 2.4.31. Atheros-based wlan board.
Madwifi driver; wpa_supplicant 0.4.8. The Access point is identical
except that it runs hostapd 0.3.9.

I'm attaching debug output from wpa_supplicant on the client and hostapd
on the ap.

I don't know why the ap requests deauth (what does reason=2 mean?). The
client has a specific WPA key configured for its MAC address and it is
mentioned in the hostapd.allow file. The AP's hostapd.conf file follows:

interface=ath0
driver=madwifi
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=0