wpa_supplicant doesn't work :(

Alric Aneron aluminum3458
Thu Jun 1 07:18:10 PDT 2006

and also:
I get this as part of output:  (it says driver doesn't support wpa??
Added alternative ifindex 3 (wifi0) for wireless events
Added alternative ifindex 3 (wifi0) for wireless events
Own MAC address: 00:07:ca:01:b5:13
wpa_driver_hostap_set_wpa: enabled=1
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Driver does not support WPA.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=0 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=1 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=2 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=3 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_countermeasures: enabled=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_drop_unencrypted: enabled=1
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Added interface wlan0

Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 07:02:37AM -0700, Alric Aneron wrote:

> Hello, I followed instructions to setup the wpa_supplicant, and here is what I did:
> I dowloaded the RPM for fc4 (I have fc5), installed it, and here is my wpa_supplicant.config:

Which driver version are you using?

> My ESSID isn't broadcasted, so maybe it has trouble picking it up.  I run the following command to start up wpa_supplicant:
> wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dhostap -w
> Giving me the following output:
..

Could you please send debug output (i.e., add -dd to that command line)?
Without it, there is not enough verbosity to figure out what is
happening.