wpa_supplicant: problems with EAP-SIM

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jan 25 20:10:39 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:57:30PM +0000, Pete Young wrote:

> I'm try to use wpa_supplicant to get EAP-SIM authentication from a
> radius server. Client is running on Fedora Core 3 , connecting via
> ethernet to a Cisco 2950 which is acting as the authenticator.

> The wpa_supplicant.conf eapsim file looks like this:
>
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=wheel
> eapol_version=1
> ap_scan=0
> network={
>          ssid="eap-sim-test"

ssid must not be configured for wired 802.1X authentication. This line
prevents wpa_supplicant from entering "ASSOCIATED" state and makes it
ignored received EAPOL frames.

> Own MAC address: 00:30:1b:35:35:03
> Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
> Added interface eth0

This should be followed by following lines:

EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
Already associated with a configured network - generating associated event
Association info event
State: DISCONNECTED -> ASSOCIATED
Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=01:80:c2:00:00:03

before getting to this: