wpa_supplicant and ap_scan=2

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jan 25 19:53:38 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 08:39:52PM -0600, John H. wrote:
> zd1211 is the driver i am using, along with .4.7 supplicant.

Which driver interface code do you use with that driver? I was under
impression that zd1211 driver is not supported in wpa_supplicant 0.4.7..

> i read somewhere that ap_scan=2 was needed for getting on hidden networks.

With most drivers that is indeed needed.

> My setup is that I use it at four locations
>
> 1.School - hidden network without encryption
> 2.Coffeehouses - open network without encryption
> 3.Apartment - hidden network with WPA
> 4.Another home - open network with WPA
>
> I would like to have this as automated as possible.  Any
> recommendations?  AS I said, using zd1211.

ap_scan=2 is likely the best option. If it does not work correctly for
you, please send a debug log from wpa_supplicant showing incorrect
behavior. The expected behavior is for wpa_supplicant to try each
network until it finds one that results in successful association.