Encryption without authentication?

Philip M. White pmw
Sat Feb 18 22:28:28 PST 2006

At my house I run a wireless network using hostapd.  At this time the
network uses CCMP/TKIP, and EAP-PEAP for authentication.  As a result, I
must give the username and password to everyone who wants to use the
network.

Is there a way to retain the benefits of CCMP/TKIP without having to
configure each client with credentials? -- does hostapd support any such
scheme?  And if it does, what about client support?  I am certain that
wpa_supplicant would support whatever hostapd supports, but what about
Windows XP?  As far as I know, Windows XP only supports EAP-TLS and
EAP-PEAP.

Thank you.

--
Philip