Distance settings

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 12 20:37:06 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:16:13PM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:

> I have been using hostap to drive my wireless network for a while now, and
> it has served me very well.  But I am looking to tweek it to extract the best
> performance I can get, and I was wondering if there is anything like the
> settings that madwifi allows for Atheros chips to allow for the distance
> between far flung stations.  I am interested in tuning this (if possible) both
> for AP (and therefore managed) mode, and ad-hoc (which I used for backhaul).

There are no explicit commands for setting such parameters in the Host
AP driver. Some parameters may be available through low-level BBP
configuration registrations, but using those would require understanding
how the particular BBP is configured and which options could have an
effect on long distance links.