Distance settings

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Wed Feb 8 08:16:13 PST 2006

I have been using hostap to drive my wireless network for a while now, and
it has served me very well.  But I am looking to tweek it to extract the best
performance I can get, and I was wondering if there is anything like the
settings that madwifi allows for Atheros chips to allow for the distance
between far flung stations.  I am interested in tuning this (if possible) both
for AP (and therefore managed) mode, and ad-hoc (which I used for backhaul).

I am also interested is where I would notice if there was a problem with
distances?

I looked in the readme, but could not find anything that looked to be what
I wanted, but then it might be called something I did not expect.

David