Netgear Router DG834GTB & ndiswrapper driver

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Feb 12 20:24:43 PST 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 12:03:37PM +0100, Bodo von Thadden wrote:

> I use Gentoo Linux and have from Netgear the DG824GTB wireless router. It
> supports WEP,WPA-PSK.Then I have a wlan usb-stick, which is also from
> Netgear.The model is WG111v2, which runs perfect with the ndiswrapper.

> With WEP I can connect without problems to the AP, but if I use WPA-PSK, I
> am unable to connect.
>
> First my wpa_supplicant.conf :

> network={
> ssid="NETGEAR"
> key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> pairwise=TKIP
> group=TKIP
> psk="my key"
> priority=5
> }

You will need to add proto=WPA into this network block if you are using
WPA-PSK. Without this, wpa_supplicant assumes that you are enabling WPA2
and tries to use it instead of WPA.

> As the log show, I have the feeling, that the scan doesn't find my AP. Is
> there an option to bind the specific MAC adress. The AP Mac adress is
> 00:0F:B5:7C:B6:1C.

In ap_scan=2 mode, wpa_supplicant does not request scan results. It just
configures the driver to try to associate with an AP. However, it does
configure security policy, including the version of WPA (WPA vs. WPA2).
If this does not match with the AP configuration, the driver will not
associate with the AP.