hostapd and GTK handshake?

Andrea G Forte andreaf
Tue Feb 7 12:43:25 PST 2006

Hi all.

I have noticed a few things while working on EAP-TSL with hostapd,
wpa_supplicant (both using hostap driver) and external RADIUS server.
One is that if I look at the trace of the message exchange, after the
EAP Success frame, at the end of the authentication process, I see four
EAPOL key frames (and then encrypted data). Now, these last four frames
should be for the PTK. What I do not see are the EAPOL frames for the
GTK which should be right after the ones for PTK. On the hostapd output,
however, it says GROUP_HANDSHAKE --> COMPLETED which makes me think that
everything worked just fine, but then, where are the EAPOL frames for this?

On a more silly matter, after the authentication has completed
successfully on the output of hostapd I see:
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0

and after some time:
EAPOL: authWhile --> 0
EAPOL: idleWhile --> 0