WPA-EAP-TTLS with AirPort Extreme

Jörg Sommer joerg
Mon Dec 25 06:42:54 PST 2006

Jouni Malinen schrieb am Sun 24. Dec, 15:59 (-0800):
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 12:31:22AM +0100, J?rg Sommer wrote:
>
> > I configured my wpa_supplicant according the instructions at
> > <http://www.uni-jena.de/Linux_Fedora_Core___Scientific_Linux_4_x_mit_WPA_EAP_TTLS_PAP.html>,
> > but I can't connect to the network. The log is here
> > <http://www.minet.uni-jena.de/~joergs/wlan12.wpa>. Can someone tell we what
> > goes wrong? Why wpa_supplicant can not connect?
>
> It looks like the association works fine and the AP is starting IEEE
> 802.1X authentication. However, there is no sign of a valid response to
> the supplicant EAP response with the anonymous identity. It looks like
> the AP could be disconnecting at this point.

What might be the reason? The signal is stable and the people around me
did not raise their head.

> Do you know whether there are some specific requirements for the
> anonymous identity in this network?

I don't know. As far as I know is the anonymous identity for decrypting
the certificate and my password is for authentication.

What makes me wonder, all other people don't have problems with this
config. I'm in so far special, that I've an iBook G4 (PowerPC) with an
Airport Extreme card.

With OS X I have to use this anonymous identity, too.

> The instructions you pointed at did not have any clear comment on the
> use anonymous_identity. Have you tried commenting out
> anonymous_identity option (i.e., use the real identity in first phase)?

No, I can try it.

Bye, J?rg.
--
Diskutiere nie mit einem Idioten:
Sie ziehen Dich auf ihr Niveau herab und schlagen Dich dann mit