automated connection

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Aug 29 07:39:35 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 10:20 -0400, John H. wrote:
> I have fc5.  Sometimes I use open networks, and other times/places I
> use wpa networks.  Is there a way to automate connecting to whatever
> local network?

Tools like NetworkManager use wpa_supplicant and will do this for you.

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager

Despite the gnome.org address, NM is desktop-environment agnostic and
frontends for both Gnome and KDE are available.  NetworkManager is
already available in FC5 through normal software installation
mechanisms.  Install both NetworkManager and NetworkManager-gnome (for
the gnome frontend).

Dan