WPA_SUPPLICANT as a Service: Is there information on Installing, starting, etc.?

George S. Lockwood gslockwood
Tue Aug 22 06:54:26 PDT 2006

Thanks for your note about the new windows Readme re: wpasrv.

Two points:

1. The Service reads the NIC adaptor's GUID from the "interfaces"
registry value.  Correct?

So any NIC change to a user's machine MUST somehow be reflected there.

2. RE: SDDL strings: the requirement is for this to be in the config
file that the wpa_supplicant.exe uses? But not in the service????

what am I not understanding?

thanks!